Saturday, December 01, 2007

book 59

The Abstinence Teacher, Tom Perrotta
rating:


Eh. I've really liked Tom Perrotta ever since I read The Wishbones back in high school. But this one really didn't do it for me. It's about Ruth, a sex ed teacher involved in scandal, etc. etc. and Tim, a former drug-addict now born-again Christian who coaches Ruth's daughter's soccer team. It was well-written but I didn't feel like there was much arc or movement to the story, like I was just waiting for whatever big thing was going to happen and I'm still waiting now, even after the book is over.

1 comment:

Most Prepossessing said...

I just finished The Absintence Teacher, which made me remember how much I like Tom Perrotta. Then I bought The Wishbones, which I didn't like as much. Perhaps its because I'm more of a talk radio kind of girl...